Dear participants of BOSEPO 2021, we are pleased to share with you the instructions for attending our in-person and online events in February 2021. It is with great pride and joy that we welcome you wherever you are hailing from! This year we will be hosting our first-ever online event alongside our in-person event, so that any student from any corner of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the rest of the world can participate and share the joy of learning, exploring and engaging in science! We are especially excited to welcome the young learners of our brand new Sparklets category. We cannot wait to see their light shine bright against the grim background of the past year. It is also exquisite pleasure to see international students joining us for the third time now, albeit online… our country is not heart-shaped without a reason, we welcome you all with an open heart! Finally, we are grateful and proud that we could organize our 12th BOSEPO, without breaking the tradition. Hooray!
Instructions for Online Event Participants (Local and International)
Online event will be open to participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina and from around the world. It will be held on February 19-20, 2021, parallel to the in-person event. The event will be organised through Zoom, and all participants will be required to have a functional camera and microphone for communication, as well as to use the official BOSEPO 2021 background on all sessions.
Presentation of finalist projects will have two components: a 5-7 min pre-recorded presentation video and a Zoom Q&A + feedback session with the judges. The judges will read your research paper and watch your video presentation first, discuss them, prepare a list of questions and then meet you on Zoom to give feedback and ask their questions. The language of project video presentation and the Zoom session will be English.
In order to prepare for the finals the best you can, please read the following instructions.
- Video should be recorded using the best production equipment available.
- Video length should be 5-7 min, no more.
- Video aspect ratio should be 16:9 and it should be a single video. Video presentations in the form of several clips will not be accepted.
- Video presentation should include all aspects of the project – background research, hypothesis, materials, methods, results and conclusions.
- Video presentations should be uploaded to YouTube and made public.
- Titles of the YouTube videos should use the following format: BOSEPO 2021 – Country Flag Emoji – “Project title” Project Presentation/Short Movie
Eg 1. BOSEPO 2021 – 🇧🇦 – “Orange Peel Soil Deal” Project Presentation
Eg 2. BOSEPO 2021 – 🇧🇦 – “I-solation” Short Movie
- Video presentation must be topic-related and follow good manners. No stock footage will be allowed – only original content!
- Video content is completely up to your creativity and skills – use inserts with slides, text, demonstrate your model, include animations… “sell” your project the best you can! However, keep in mind that you are participating in a science project olympiad, with a jury made up of professionals in the field, so no flashy videos can disguise a poorly executed project. Just saying…
Zoom Q&A + feedback session:
- The Zoom session will last maximum 15-20 min. The judges will ask questions first, then provide the final feedback after all questions have been answered by the finalists.
- Make sure you have a good and stable internet connection.
- Finalists must attend the Zoom sessions with their camera and microphone on at all times.
- Finalists must use the official BOSEPO 2021 Zoom background at all times. You will be provided one in your email after you have been confirmed as a finalist.
- Finalists may not go mute or turn off their camera during the Zoom session.
- Finalists must follow the rules of good video call conduct. Any inappropriate actions and misconduct will result in the termination of the session and disqualification of the project.
Participants that are announced as finalists on February 10, 2021 and intend to attend the online event should follow these steps:
- Prepare your presentation video and upload it to YouTube, following all instructions.
- Pay the participation fee to your school BOSEPO delegation leader.
- Fill in the online participant form that will be made available on February 11, 2021. In the form, you will be asked to paste the URL of your video presentation and you will NOT be able to submit the form without it.
- You will receive your Zoom session time slot through email. Make sure you confirm it and add it to your calendar just to be safe. BOSEPO team will try their best to respect the time zone differences for international participants, but we believe you will have understanding for our position as well.
- Make sure you have read and understood all directions regarding the Zoom session.
- If you have any questions regarding the in-person event, contact us at [email protected]
Regardless if you will attend BOSEPO 2021 in person or online, we are excited to have you on board and we cannot wait to see your amazing projects! See you in February!
BOSEPO Organization Committee